Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The adoption community is FANTASTIC!!

WOW - that's all I can say is WOW and I'll even say it backwards ... WOW! You guys are so great! God is good ... all the time, but when He works a miracle through the hands of His people He is fantabulous!! Ya know Jesus could of whipped up food to feed the 5000 in thin air, but He chose to use the offerings of a young boy - his little loaves and fishes and THEN He worked the miracle! Well He's doing it again!

Let me tell you what else God is doing. I emailed our Senator's office over the weekend in hopes they could help move CIS who said on Friday that our paperwork would have to be done in the order it was received. Now to all you adoptive families out there ... I KNOW you because I am one of you and if there is a family behind you in line that honestly HAS to move up and take "cutsies" you all would step graciously out of the way knowing that THIS is the only chance for this particular child to have a family!! Well, I rec'd a call at 8:40 this morning from a different CIS caseworker who said she was reviewing my file. I said, but I thought so and so was doing it ..... she said not since Sen Grassley's office advocated for you! Praise you, LORD!! She has reviewed our file completely, faxed us our fingerprint appt papers and we will be fingerprinted tomorrow in Des Moines!! She also said she did not think that this would ever be able to go through by the middle of December. I sweetly thanked her for trying her best non-the-less and that we appreciated her efforts!! Cause if God is moving everyone better just get out of the way!

A woman I didn't even know emailed me and then we chatted on the phone - she was a huge encouragement to me. She relayed how this same situation just happened over a month ago and the family is still in China bringing home another dear 14 year old boy who NOW has a family to call his own. Can I get a whoop, whoop!!??!! This lovely woman said she had no doubt this would be going through and to advocate for help on another yahoo group I used to be on .... well, I went to that group and guess what!? There are folks over there already advocating for me, my family and dear LuShi - folks that don't know me from Eve (thought I was gonna say Adam didnt't ya?). Blessed my socks off!

Look at that chip in folks - it's from folks like you who have given 10, 20, 50, 100 and some even more for LuShi to come home!! Thank you - thank you - thank you!!

In HIS strength and mercy ALONE,
Mary

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I hope your faith stays renewed the entire time of getting these two home. PLEASE keep updating us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so exited for you and I love just watching God show us His miracles! I posted about your family on our blog. With love, Kim

    ReplyDelete